The name pays homage to the iconic Amelia Earhart, the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic. This teardrop, lightweight, fashion-forward Aviator lends an elegant, laid-back air to any look. Whether used for flying across the world or just flying through life, the Amelia’s flattering shape suits almost every face. Wrapped lenses cover a larger range of the face than our classic Aviator styles, preventing as much light as possible from entering the eye.
- Handcrafted in the USA in 200+ steps, using only the finest components
- With Lite Lens™ technology—15% lighter frames made from a hypoallergenic macromolecule that couples optical clarity with lightweight durability
- Anti-reflective and anti-glare gradient lens options smoothly transition from top to bottom, providing refuge from harsh overhead sunlight while allowing light through the bottom half of the lens.
- Mazzucchelli temple tips offer that final touch of perfection—yet another example of Randolph’s attention to detail
- 23k gold and other premium-quality finishes for durability & scratch resistance
- Lifetime warranty on all frames
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Handcrafted in the USA in 200+ steps
- Available in signature bayonet or standard temples
- Military-issued since 1978
- Self-adjusting cushioned nose pads
- Includes leather case and cleaning cloth pouch
Amelia in 23K Chocolate Gold with Tan Gradient Lite Lenses
Built To Military Standards
We wanted to make a difference. Leave a mark. Be proud of something. So in 1978, we joined forces with the U.S. military to produce the HGU-4/P Aviator for fighter pilots. Each Aviator is built to strict guidelines of MIL-S-25948 standards, a 20-page document detailing the most complex manufacturing specs around.
Guaranteed for a lifetime. Or two.
Built to a higher standard using the world’s finest materials, we stand by each pair of frames we make. So much so, that we offer a lifetime warranty. Take them with you around the world, and back again.
23K Gold and Other Premium Metals
The same precious metal finishes found on the world’s finest timepieces are layered on at up to 5x the industry standard.
SKYTEC™ LENS TECHNOLOGY
For long lasting clarity
and extreme durability.
Drop Ball Tested
Tested for impact resistance with
a 5/8 inch steel ball from 50 inches.
Handmade and Detail-Driven
It takes our craftspeople over 6 weeks to build a single pair of Randolph glasses.
More than 200 steps go into making each frame—and most of these steps? –
Done by hand.
Hand-cut and bent to flawlessly form each component.
The bridge, hinges and other components are soldered by hand.
Porcelain and ceramic granules polish each frame to absolute perfection.
Signature Bayonet Temples Fit for Pilots,
Designed for Total Comfort
Our Iconic Bayonet temples were designed to slide easily under pilot headsets, helmets and other headgear. Which means pure comfort and ease. We also calculate the exact angle of the bend on the Skull temple to prevent headaches that may sometimes occur from undue temple pressure.
TRANSPORT IN STYLE
All frames come with a leather case and a microfiber cleaning cloth that doubles as a pouch.